Zhu Pei founded his office in Beijing in 2005. He is one of the leading Chinese Architects, the Dean and professor of School of Architecture, the Central Academy of Fine Arts. He has taught as a visiting professor at Harvard University and an adjunct professor at Columbia University. He has been elected as an Honorary Fellow of the American Institute of Architects. In the past sixteen years, the office has been committed to the exploration and practice of contemporary architecture, arts and culture field. An array of experimental and innovative works have been created based on the design philosophy ofNature Architecture, with eighteen art museums and cultural projects completed and seventeen under construction or in the process of design, including Jingdezhen Imperial Kiln Museum, Shou County Culture and Art Center, Yangliping Performing Arts Center, Zibo Art Center, Cube Art Museum at 798, Minsheng Museum of Modern Art, Ningbo Jiangdong Chapel, Dali Museum of Contemporary Art, Jingjiang Cultural and Art Center, Taimiao Art Museum, Baiyang Prehistoric Museum, Caiguoqiang Courtyard House Renovation, etc. The office was commissioned by Guggenheim Foundation to design Guggenheim Art Pavilion in Abu Dhabi, along with other renowned architects Frank Gehry, Jean Nouvel, Zaha Hadid, Tadao Ando and so on, and the Guggenheim Museum in Beijing.
The office was awarded AR Award by The Architecture Review, AIA Honor Award, 1949-2009 Grand Design Award from Architectural Society of China, the Design Vanguard Award by Architecture Record, Grand Award and Special Award for Culture from Hong Kong DFA, etc. The works have also been chosen for international exhibitions at the Venice Biennale, Biennial Sao Paulo, Victoria and Albert Museum, Centre Pompidou, GA gallery in Japan, Kassel in Germany, AEDES in Berlin, Rome MAXXI Museum in Italy, etc. Many of the works have also been collected by important international museums. Moreover, some of the design models and Zhu Pei’s sketches are permanently collected by MoMA, Centre Pompidou and Victoria and Albert Museum.